Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I'm trying to help a Buddy out and he's not very technical. So even talking to the Customer Service Lady & Tech Support yesterday to activate his first Reciever got him very flustered.

(He said it took forever and he had to wait about 40 minutes on hold each time (twice) he called in. And of course he got different people, so he had to explain it all again which frustrated him even more.)

He's adverse to going through it all again with his next reciever. This is a self install on a Lake up in the mountains of BC - he forgot to run his 2nd RG6 cable into the DSR630- so he activated his DSR605 instead.

See: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=125300&page=11

I said I'd look to see if you can add a reciever to the account without having to go through the gauntlet again. I did this for another Buddy with Bell Dish a year (or two) back over an automated phone system. That was a piece of cake. I expected to be able to add a 630 via the SD Web Account but I can't figure out how.

Could you enlighten me? Thanks for the assist.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'm pretty sure you must call to add a receiver. They will want to talk to you, confirm signal strengths, make sure that the channels you have in your programming package show up and if it is a PVR that it records ok. If they do not answer right away use the call back feature.

·
Registered
478 Posts
You have to talk to a person. It shouldn't take that long at all. They ask you the serial number, the signal strength and a minute later, there it is. I've activated probably 8 recievers over the years and not one took over 5 minutes to get running. Of course, make sure that everything is hooked up...

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Yesterday i called CS and was given the option of them calling me back in 8-13 minutes. So call them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts