Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife want's to purchase some DLP Link glasses for our Projector. She found the ones on Ultimate 3-d heaven, for $50 a pair, but they need to be shipped to Canada, and she is concerend about Tax and Duty fees jacking up the price.

The only DLP Link glasses we can find in Canada already cost $100-$112 a pair.. double the cost..

Is there any place to get DLPLink glasses for a reasonable cost in Canada?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Getting it shipped through USPS/Canada Post will reduce or eliminate any duties/brokerage fee. UPS/ or any other major courier have high fees. Example; 2 dollar duty fee might come with a 10-20 dollar brokerage fee vs. maybe just a duty fee with USPS/Canada Post.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
I bought 4 pairs from them and didn't anything extra. You might be lucky as well.

The only thing you might have to pay if you have to, is the GST.

Also, their glasses are very nice and the only negative thing I have to say is that the place where they sit on the nose, the plastic is kinda sharp. I might try sanding it or something.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I've heard that, if you request it when ordering, Ultimate 3-d Heaven will put a low value on the glasses, for customs purposes, so that duties and taxes are eliminated or minimized.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
On the box, they had written commercial samples...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts