Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting to set up a schedule in my DLink 615 router which will turn the router on and off at specified times each day. I have checked the All Week box and entered the on and off times correctly. I have also verified that the router time setting is correct and have saved the new information. However, nothing happens and the new schedule simply does not kick in. What am I missing?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
To my knowledge, you can't have the Router turn itself off and on.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Numerous things. See the Help section for details.

·
Registered
1 Posts
well that didn’t help I’m trying to do the same would like the dlink to either turn off or block internet from 22;00 - 0600 if we can’t do that then what is the Schedule for ?? it would be nice if the system would shut down and restart ??

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
As noted you can't have the router turn itself off and on.

Many features of the router, such as the ability to block access to the internet between particular hours, can be controlled by using schedules. Look in the help section or your manual under Access Control for steps on how to do it.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I never used schedules to restrict access but I did use it to turn the wireless transmitter off at nights in an effort to reduce electricity usage and make the network more secure.

·
Super Moderator
11,135 Posts
Interesting I did not know they could do that. I don't see where you can set that in the 615.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Jake, I did on the 655. Another reason to review router specific documentation for schedule functionality on your router!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
A plain 24hr timer will do what you want, but any savings on energy of the wireless router will be probably be used up by the timer.;) Simple is sometimes better!

I bought a $3.99 power-bar just for a router and modem (at my expense) for a friend of mine, it save me, time, money, and a friendship! Every-time she calls to tell me her internet is down, I ask her to turn the power-bar off, then on, reboots the system. It just keeps paying me dividends! The timer to shut off for 2 minutes everyday and back on would even save me the phone call!:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts