Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

101 - 120 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
there deal with netflix Canada might still be in place when Disney plus launches and if it is then captain marvel will probably be on there

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Eh, I wouldnt be so sure. Netflix has only ever had select marvel movies at a time.
My guess is each one is on its own separate license deal.
So we may see the existing ones on there staying till their licenses are complete.
But I doubt any new ones.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #105 (Edited)
Disney just released Aladdin for streaming but it’s nowhere to be found on Netflix. This leads me to believe Disney is taking back a lot of its content in some manner.

·
Registered
487 Posts
looks like alladin is getting a dvd and blu-ray release on September 10th so it would be to early for it to be on netflix
it usually takes about 3 or 4 months for that to happen

·
Registered
201 Posts
@ wmjfoley85 amazing video, wow I can't wait for it to launch in Canada. I didnt see The Simpsons though.

Loved the Star Wars section. Netflix Canada has only two movies from them.
Some of the Cartoons on Netherlands Disney+ is on Netflix Canada so we'll just have to wait until November 12th.

Overall, if we get something close to what is available in Holland, it's so worth it.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Wow.
Quite the selection there... a lot of the old live stuff too.. Herbie, Chitty chitty bang bang, etc.

I think I saw on one of the screens as well (last movie on the bottom right before he went to another screen) at about 2:08... BLACK CAULDRON.
Its like disney 'dark' movie, like the dark crystal is to muppets. A favorite of mine but severely under-rated.

Seeing some of the older disney animated TV stuff on there.
Little mermaid tv series. Oh! Gargoyles! Darkwing duck, ducktales, rescue rangers....

I have a feeling I am going to be like this guy... I am never going to sleep..

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #110 (Edited)
I can now confirm that shows such as Wizards of Waverly Place and The Suite Life on Deck and more shows like Hannah Montana are on Disney Plus in the Netherlands at least for now. It’s launched in beta over there.Also they have the full Disney afternoon lineup of shows You can join the group here on Facebook: lots of cool pictures !

https://m.facebook.com/groups/487336875083061?tsid=0.8210417490841874&source=result

Yes you can create individual profiles like Netflix too as well as options to change the language and subtititles.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Disney Maleficent just disappeared from Netflix.

I watched 30 minutes of the movie about two weeks ago and last night was no where to be found! I see the movie logo on youtube Disney plus Netherlands video but none of the movie sites mentioned that it would be leaving Netflix Canada in September.

·
Super Moderator
16,400 Posts
Disney is showcasing “basically everything” that will be available on its Disney+ subscription streaming offering when it launches in less than a month. Disney has said it will have about 300 movie titles on the new subscription platform at launch, growing to more than 500 in the first year, a lineup fortified by recent theatrical titles. On the TV side, about 7,500 episodes are planned. (Deadline)

Keep in mind the Canadian service may not have as much content due to licencing differences.

·
Registered
201 Posts
12 DAYS LEFT !!!!!

I'm assuming the following movies will be available either on launch day or before Christmas here in Canada:

-End game
-Captain Marvel
-Lion King
-Toy Story 4
-Dumbo
-Aladdin
-Spiderman far from home

·
Super Moderator
16,400 Posts
Disney has forged deals with Amazon and its Fire connected devices, plus Samsung and LG smart TVs. On launch day next week, Iger confirmed, customers will be able to access the Disney+ app across Google, Apple, Microsoft and Roku platforms as well. (Deadline)

101 - 120 of 181 Posts