Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
241 - 245 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
I'm looking forward to the US services clawing back streaming rights from Canadian broadcasters. Canadian broadcasters typically don't do a good job of streaming, are overpriced and do not always provide ad free options. Crave is probably the best of the bunch but I often run into technical problems and limitations imposed by Crave. It is slow to upgrade the technical quality of their service as well. Services such as Disney+ and Netflix make Crave look pathetic.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Genius will move from the National Geographic channel to Disney+ for the fourth installment and subsequent seasons. The new season will focus on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X. (Source) It's not clear if National Geographic Canada will retain the Canadian rights under their existing contract.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Maggie, originally picked up by ABC for the 2021-22 season, now will stream exclusively on Hulu in the U.S., Star+ in Latin America and on Disney+ in all other markets. The decision was made in order to get Maggie in front of audiences instead of keeping it on the bench because of a lack of available slots on the network. A premiere date will be announced later. (Deadline)
Hulu Original Series Maggie premieres all episodes on Wednesday, July 6. (Source) No mention of international premiere dates. CTV, which had originally announced the series at the upfronts, has removed the show page, implying they won't air the series.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Deadline reported that the cast of The Orville was released in August when their options expired and there are no current plans for a fourth season. Season 3 is not designed as a definitive ending to the series and the door has been left open for Seth MacFarlane to revisit it with a new installment if/when he wants to do it in the future. I still haven't seen any Season 3 scheduling info other than the June 2 launch on Hulu.
The Orville will drop June 2 on Disney+ Canada, same day as Hulu. Appears to be one episode per week. (Source)

241 - 245 of 245 Posts