Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Well, it looks like Astral Media is finally going to be pumping out a Canadian version of Disney XD. Though, it looks like this is not going to be a Family multiplex service, since its ad-supported, and it also seems like they might be finally making use of that "Family Extreme" license the CRTC granted.

I, personally hope this ends up being a somewhat good channel. I didn't have many problems with Nickelodeon Canada, and I even felt it was superior to the American channel due to them actually including classic Nickelodeon shows everyone loves (i.e. Angry Beavers, Invader Zim, etc) rather than entirely focusing on the live action junk they've been putting out lately (which is what YTV has evolved into, essentially)

And for those who don't know, in the U.S., Disney XD is basically a children's channel, but with a little more emphasis on male-oriented and/or action shows.

Available in high definition, Disney XD will launch with Rogers Communications, Bell Satellite TV, Bell Fibe TV, EastLink and Delta Cable. Disney XD will be available through TELUS as of June 20, with additional distributors expected to offer the new kids' channel in the coming months.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I looking forward to seeing these new channels coming out. Im very pleased with the launch of OWN. It was a great fit on fmr VIVA station.

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
I noticed that disneyxd.ca has been updated:

Disney XD Telus 80 - Coming Soon
Disney XD HD Telus 683 - Coming Soon

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Disney XD, the new digital specialty channel and multiplatform brand from Astral Media Inc. launches today in homes across Canada.

Available in high definition, Disney XD will launch with Rogers Communications, Bell Satellite TV, Bell Fibe TV, EastLink and Delta Cable. Disney XD will be available through TELUS as of June 20, with additional distributors expected to offer the new kids' channel in the coming months.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
There is a thread in the What's ON Television forum for members wishing to discuss the programming on this channel

Please keep the discussion here focused on the station and non-programming topics.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Someone just posted on the Bell TV new channels thread that he got an email from customer support indicating that this channel will NOT be carried on Bell Satellite TV, and will be carried on Bell Fibe TV only.

Edited, since the channel did indeed show up in the guide this AM, on channel 1648.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
disney xd hd only launched on BELL TV on 1648, the XD SD is not listed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts