Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now, I'm probably going to have to do this with Excel and turn it into a graph.
Taking folders, or types of media, and cutting categories of data of my disk drive pie chart. I want to find out where my hard drive space is mainly going.

I was hoping someone had come across or could help find something that did something like this. If it had an option to create addtional categories, it'd be a bonus.

In the end, if this software found all the different types of data, from audio, video, to documents, it would help me collect, organize, and clean my system.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
TreeSize Free or WinDirStat (WDS) is likely what the OP needs.

Glary Utilities is not really a disk maintenance utility. It will clean up junk files. A similar (free) utility that is also very good is CCleaner.

A duplicate file finder may also be useful in cleaning up the disk.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi ScaryBob,
In fact Glary is not a disk manager but a system manager & optimizer that I am using for several years. But it include a file and folder section that chart the use of hard drive and also contains a file duplicator finder.
You should have a look at it. It include a lot of handy tools like Process Manager or Registry cleaner and optimizer. You have to select the Modules tab

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Personally, I've always done this organizing manually, been affraid of 3rd party programs. Feedback on these programs are much appreciated, especially before trying them. Especially knowing about the freeware software too.

Not sure what more Glary utilities pro does than regular, regular does more than what I need.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
been affraid of 3rd party programs.
Understandably. I usually check a number of sources for reviews or recommendations and/or stick with well known download sites. Many of the projects on SourceForge.net are superior in quality and are Open Source. Other options are the big download sites such as CNet, MajorGeeks and FileHippo. The better packages from them usually have lot's of high ranking user scores. I usually try 2 or 3 and keep the one I like best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts