Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Why not wait till January and rebrand it as OWN - Oprah Winfrey Network?? I guess that would cost them too much money. Don't really see how you can say they are ruining it as the new channel appears to have similar programming to what is currently on Discovery Health. Part of the reason this is happening is because CTV acquired the rights to most Discovery programming. I guess perhaps CTV will launch OWN next year.

·
Registered
488 Posts
it is going to be another reality tv channel from canwest but will have shows that are supposed to appeal to female viewers
they should of tried changing it into the Oprah network like the U.S version of the channel is doing

·
Registered
543 Posts
Why not wait till January and rebrand it as OWN - Oprah Winfrey Network??
And why would we need a Canadian version of that??????

Makes more sense to just get the US feed. Hell, apparently Shania Twain's getting her own show on the channel, that should count for enough CanCon :)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Just something wrong with the new naming process for channels.....Twist...Cave......Bite......must be pulling the names from grade one classrooms.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Just something wrong with the new naming process for channels.....Twist...Cave......Bite......must be pulling the names from grade one classrooms.
IDK, I kinda like names like that. They do it in the UK sometimes. For example, they have a history channel is called "Yesterday", a game show channel is called "Challenge", and a men's channel is called "DAVE", with it's +1 service(timeshift) called Dave Ja Vu.

It kinda depends on the name I guess. I agree though that "The Cave" was not a good choice of name for a men's channel, kinda makes us sound like cavemen.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Just wait until CTV brings in their Canadian version of Oprah's network. You know there's no way they, or rather Bell, will pass up on a money making opportunity like that and you know with Oprah's name behind it, it will make money for sure.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Not really, last time I checked that channel was owned by Discovery and CTV owns the rights to most Discovery programming which makes a Canadian version entirely possible.

·
Registered
543 Posts
It's owned 50% by Discovery and 50% by Harpo Productions which is Oprah's company. I'm not saying a Canadian version is impossible, but it's a matter of necessity.

·
Banned
296 Posts
Twist TV's schedule

Here's Twist TV's horrible scheduled:

Twist TV (Launches November 1st)

Weekdays
6:00AM: Dr In The House
6:30AM: Birth Days
7:00AM: The Mom Show
8:00AM: Crash Test Mommy
9:00AM: House of Tiny Teraways
10:00AM: X-Weighted
11:00AM: Family Restaurant (Mon)/Party Mamas (Tue)/Spoiled Rotten (Wed)/At The End of My Leash (Thu)/Shock Doc (Fri)
11:30AM: Maternity Ward (Shock Doc Fri)
12:00PM: Nanny 911 (Shock Doc Fri)
1:00PM: World's Strictest Parents (Shock Doc Fri)
2:00PM: Little Miss Perfect (Mon)/Extreme Makeover Home Edition (Tue)/Raising Sextuplets (Wed)/SuperNanny (Thu)/Shock Doc (Fri)
3:00PM: The Baby Borrowers UK (Mon)/The Great American Road Trip (Tue)/Nanny 911 (Wed)/Wife Swap UK (Thu)/Shock Doc (Fri)
4:00PM: Dad Camp (Mon)/Back on Campus (Tue)/Brat Camp (Wed)/World's Strictest Parents (Thu)/Shock Doc (Fri)
4:30PM: Dad Camp (Mon)/Daddy's Spoiled Little Girl (Tue)/Brat Camp (Wed)/World's Strictest Parents (Thu)/Shock Doc (Fri)
5:00PM: Nanny 911 (Shock Doc Fri)
6:00PM: Crash Test Mommy (Shock Doc Fri)
7:00PM: World's Strictest Parents (Shock Doc Fri)
8:00PM: Little Miss Perfect (Mon)/Extreme Makeover Home Edition (Tue)/Raising Sextuplets (Wed)/SuperNanny (Thu)/Shock Doc (Fri)
9:00PM: The Baby Borrowers UK (Mon)/The Great American Road Trip (Tue)/Nanny 911 (Wed)/Wife Swap UK (Thu)/Shock Doc (Fri)
10:00PM: Dad Camp (Mon)/Back on Campus (Tue)/Brat Camp (Wed)/World's Strictest Parents (Thu)/Shock Doc (Fri)
10:30PM: Dad Camp (Mon)/Daddy's Spoiled Little Girl (Tue)/Brat Camp (Wed)/World's Strictest Parents (Thu)/Shock Doc (Fri)
11:00PM: Nanny 911 (Shock Doc Fri)
12:00AM: Little Miss Perfect (Mon)/Extreme Makeover Home Edition (Tue)/Raising Sextuplets (Wed)/SuperNanny (Thu)/Shock Doc (Fri)
1:00AM: The Baby Borrowers UK (Mon)/The Great American Road Trip (Tue)/Nanny 911 (Wed)/Wife Swap UK (Thu)/Shock Doc (Fri)
2:00AM: Dad Camp (Mon)/Back on Campus (Tue)/Brat Camp (Wed)/World's Strictest Parents (Thu)/Shock Doc (Fri)
2:30AM: Dad Camp (Mon)/Daddy's Spoiled Little Girl (Tue)/Brat Camp (Wed)/World's Strictest Parents (Thu)/Shock Doc (Fri)
3:00AM: World's Strictest Parents (Shock Doc Fri)
4:00AM: Crash Test Mommy (Shock Doc Fri)
5:00AM: Best of Twist TV

Weekends
6:00AM: Birth Days
6:30AM: Birth Days
7:00AM: X-Weighted (SAT) / Crash Test Mommy (SUN)
8:00AM: Paid Programming
8:30AM: Paid Programming
9:00AM: Paid Programming
9:30AM: Runway Moms
10:00AM: Who Rules The Roost (SAT) / Extreme Makeover Home Edition (SUN)
11:00AM: Back on Campus (SAT) / The Great American Road Trip (SUN)
11:30AM: Daddy's Spoiled Little Girl (SAT) / The Great American Road Trip (SUN)
12:00PM: Reality Marathon
5:00PM: X-Weighted (SAT) / Family Restaurant (SUN)
5:30PM: X-Weighted (SAT) / My Parents House (SUN)
6:00PM: Rocker Moms (SAT) / Til Debt Do Us Part (SUN)
6:30PM: Spoiled Rotten (SAT) / Til Debt Do Us Part (SUN)
7:00PM: Party Mamas (SAT) / Crash Test Mommy (SUN)
7:30PM: Party Mamas (SAT) / Crash Test Mommy (SUN)
8:00PM: Reality Marathon
3:00AM: Who Rules The Roost (SAT) / Extreme Makeover Home Edition (SUN)
4:00AM: Best of Twist TV
5:00AM: Best of Twist TV

1 - 16 of 16 Posts