Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
56,635 Posts
It's different, but since it's not the "big blue square", I'm not sure which one I prefer. No logo would be preferred, but that's dreaming these days I guess.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
It looks like an el-cheapo font that they used..:eek:

I miss the translucent one already...

·
Banned
844 Posts
FINALLY!

This is the new logo that Discovery HD US introduced a while back. Personally I like it better then the old Discovery logo, it took them long enough to switch over to the new one!

BTW, Discovery Channel Canada has also introduced a new logo, same style as Discovery US.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
FINALLY!

This is the new logo that Discovery HD US introduced a while back. Personally I like it better then the old Discovery logo, it took them long enough to switch over to the new one!

BTW, Discovery Channel Canada has also introduced a new logo, same style as Discovery US.
It sounds like you really like the logos...?
I don't like them, and wish they would go away (and I also wish to find a Leprechaun riding a unicorn!):rolleyes:
Is it just me, or do the logos mysteriously disappear for commercials

·
Super Moderator
56,635 Posts
If this is going to become a logo thread, then I'd like to point out the new WNED-DT (HD) logo, which is pretty inobtrusive, but once in a while becomes "colourful". Sometimes, it's not even present.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think they are having problems with the new bug. I'm watching destroyed in seconds and every time the show comes back from commercials the bug comes on just to go away about 30 seconds later. The last time it came on it was at the middle right corner of the screen when it should be at the bottom right. haha

·
Banned
844 Posts
I was commenting on what the actually logo looks like compared to the old one. I assume you are referring to the size of it on screen, I don't really like very big logos on screen either. I don't get Discovery Channel so I don't know how big the logo is on screen?! I don't see the point of slapping a big honkin' logo in the corner or why you need them on screen at all. They can have station identification if they want like the local channels do but I don't see the point of the on screen bug for specialty channels?! With specialties I think everyone know what channel they are watching, this is just an old, stupid practice that has existed since cable channels first existed and the broadcasters have not done away with them.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I don't like them, and wish they would go away (and I also wish to find a Leprechaun riding a unicorn!):rolleyes:
Is it just me, or do the logos mysteriously disappear for commercials
I don't really like the new logo either, it looks too... curvy, but better than the old one that looks "rocky".
57, do you have a screenshot for that new WNED bug?

·
Super Moderator
56,635 Posts
57, do you have a screenshot for that new WNED bug?
I wish I could remember exactly, but I believe it's the call letters in a dark grey transluscent, but every once in a while it changes to a blue colour for increased visibility. I've looked a couple of times this evening and there was no logo at all.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I like the new Discovery HD logo.

The American Discovery I get via Dish Network has had this for forever now. Theirs is a D with a globe in it. Looks pretty slick.

·
Super Moderator
56,635 Posts
tablo, that's the old logo. The new one's a bit more transluscent and is WNED-DT and perhaps a bit smaller. I just checked again and it's not on.

·
Super Moderator
56,635 Posts
WNED appears to have changed their M.O. They now show the logo (Grey, with a colour sweep) for a few seconds every 6 minutes or so. I saw it 8 times in a 1 hour programme.

That's probably why I didn't see it lately whenever I tuned in just to check. It wasn't until I watched a programme that I picked up on the "new" pattern.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discovery Screen Bug Logos Suck

I dont like the new Discovery Bug. Its lame. I am also tired of the bugs all together. I have a 52 inch screen and I have to put up with the endless pitches for other programs. I am sick of my nice picture trashed with this crap. I am locking out TLC and Discovery from my cable channels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts