Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In theory I believe this will work, but I'm wondering if someone here can confirm it for me.

My grandparents have Bell TV w/ 5 receivers (9242, 6131, and 3 standard receivers). They also have 2 cameras outside that they can see from channel 63 and 65 on their tv. They have 2 coax lines to every room. 1 is used for the satellite, 1 is used for the camera feed, except for their bedroom with the 9242 (both lines are used by the receiver, obviously).
If I put diplexers at both ends of one of the 9242 lines, I should be able to use the same line for the camera feed, correct? In theory I don't see why it wouldn't work as it's basically the same idea as using diplexers for the backfeed on a 9242, which I've done plenty of times.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
If I put diplexers at both ends of one of the 9242 lines, I should be able to use the same line for the camera feed, correct?
Yes, this will work.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome.

Like I said, in theory I didn't see why it wouldn't work, but I figured I'd ask before I went through the trouble of doing it and finding out that it doesn't work for some stupid reason.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
No problem at all, just did the same thing this weekend using a Commercial Modulator on Channel 24.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, looks like I've got my work cut out for me tomorrow :)

I'll definitely be setting up the diplexers so they can view the camera feed, possibly swap the positions of the 9242 and 6131, and set up the backfeed for a second tv from the 9242. All this after eating turkey dinner.... so, we'll see how much I actually get done :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts