Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KURO:

plus: kick butt picture quality, have subwoofer out, great built-in upscaler, superb black level
cons: butt ugly mug, not 3D

GT25:

plus: 3D capability on the cheap, rechargeable 3D glasses, subtle 2D-3D conversion (which I like)
cons: virtually no 3D movie I'd buy right now (maybe Despicable Me and Resident Evil 4)

What do you guys think? I can just do a swap without losing a single cent.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Keep the Kuro. 3Dtv with glasses is already on the way out with the announcement of glasses free.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For BD player, it's not a problem, because I'm going to get the Oppo BDP-93 for all my 3 viewing areas anyway (already pre-ordered 3 units).

This TV will be in my daughter's viewing area and there is no AVR at all there.

But you are right. The more I think of it, the more I should just stick with the Kuro. Especially since (so far) there are only 2 movies (well maybe three if I want to include Toy Story 3D) from ALL the 3D releases that I'm willing to buy in 3D.

·
Registered
264 Posts
David, I have a Pioneer Elite Pro-930HD which you will have to pry from my "cold dead hands" :) It's hard to give up these blacks.

I have read in some forums that Panasonic, which bought the Kuro technology from Pioneer, will start to employ it in their 2011 models. At least that was the scuttle going around.
Can you wait?

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I can wait, I just worry that once Pana can actually do Kuro, it will devalue my Kuro further.

PRO-630 is pre-Kuro days right?

I think I'm 99% sure I'm going to keep both my PRO-1150 and PRO-111 (1st and 2nd gen Kuro) for a while now.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yes, PRO-930HD is pre-KURO - (it was called PureVision) but it still had the best blacks in the market at the time.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Done! And thank you everybody! If a PRO-930 won't release his TV, then I wn't get rid of my 1st and 2nd gen Elite Kuros!

Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts