Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the phone with SD on an unrelated matter and they tried to sell me Digital Favourites claiming that all channels in three of my bundles are included in that package plus I would have an additional bundle in DF, all for only $3 more than I pay for silver.

Always skeptical, I was concerned that I would lose my free superstations which I'm pretty sure is tied in with Fun Stuff, regardless of the Fun Stuff channels being incluuded in the DF package.

Without doing a channel by channel comparison, does anyone know what bundles are actually included in DF?

Did anyone here switch to DF who previously had the included superstations?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have DF and it does not include superstations. What makes matters worse is that they put WGN if the old menu before ABC.

·
Super Moderator
17,220 Posts
From the Shaw Direct "store":
Digital Favourites includes the channels in Lifestyles, Real Life, Prime Time, Sports, Music, Fun Stuff, The Nets bundles, and Fox News Channel, excluding Viva, Cosmo TV and DIY Network.
Since the site mentions Viva, it is not completely up to date. OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is also available via Digital Favourites.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I see you're in Edmonton. You should call Shaw Direct and get on with Customer Relations about this Western Digital Value Package. Originally, I thought it was just for B.C., but from what I can tell from postings on the thread, it seems to be for the west. That would theoretically include you. It's a better value than Digital Favs or Silver and you get a lot of programming. See the original thread here:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=129124

The Hans

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip. I am not necessarily looking for more programming. More is not necessaily a better value. I have more crap than I can watch right now. I prefer being selective in my channel selection. I'm concerned about SD selling these various value pack or "favourites" and pre-selecting a bunch of channels for me. I really think we should be heading for pay for what you want and select your own channels rather than buying a grab bag.

If enough people have these packages, it will justify less selection for the consumer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts