Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve started watching Game Of Thrones on Blu-Ray from the beginning as I haven’t watched it during broadcast run since the first few seasons and back when I started collecting them on Blu-Ray I wasn’t interested in the Digital Copies. The first few seasons had already expired according to the paper but I tried them anyway and all worked/redeemed without issue. Do codes normally still redeem years after expiration date? Maybe it’s just HBO but it makes me want to go back and try my codes from my Boardwalk Empire & True Blood sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
May all depend on the service.

Ones that are/were UV, etc.. might not completely deal with the expiry now, since the there were some major changes around UV and their partners in the US.

I know I have had others in the past.. say picked up from the discount bin at Walmart or something.. and tried the codes which were expired and they did NOT work.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I successfully redeemed all my Boardwalk Empire & True Blood Digital Copies and most where expired. I even found Digital copies of Ghostbusters 1 & 2 that came with the BD’s from 2013 I believe and they worked as well. The only one I found wouldn’t work was my Digital copy of The Last Dragon. The DC says it’s not redeemable from my location and when I change my location to U.S. it wants me to redeem through Movies Anywhere which I don’t have.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ran into this issue again. I was going through some of my Blu-Rays and was looking at my Friday The 13 Black tin box set that has a digital copy of all the movies. When I tried to redeem even though it was expired it said I was outside the U.S. and wouldn’t work, so then I tried activating my VPN on my phone and sure enough it worked although there was no option to redeem through iTunes or google play so I had to create a VUDU account and side load it on my fire stick(which took all of five minutes) and I was in business. It’s actually quite easy with a VPN, so now I’m going to go through my Digital Copies that are U.S. only and redeem.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What’s up with Google? I don’t get why 9/10 DC’s I redeem these days always use Google as the only redemption option? I find that only Disney & Paramount give me the choice of iTunes or Google, which I always choose iTunes. Google has gone backwards and actually got rid of their own app Google Play Movies and now force you to use YouTube, so all my 4K HDR movies are now downgraded to HD only on YouTube. Although the Google play app still appears to work on my iPhone it is definitely gone from my Samsung Qled. Thankfully I’ve only purchased through iTunes and all my Google stuff is just redeemed codes for movies I already owned on disc. I remember way back everything used to redeem through iTunes and now almost nothing does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts