Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you know that 18% of americans did not go online in 2016. In its 2016 us Internet Use Survey agency found the largest percentage of non-user were seniors and households in the lowest income quartile.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think it's quite normal. 18% means a lots of people but it's not a big percentage. There's lots of disable people, poor and old people throughout the country. So it's not much actually.

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
Did you know?

13 percent of Americans believe Obama is the anti-Christ.
21 percent of Americans believe Bigfoot is a real creature.
36 percent of Americans believe in UFOs.
45 percent of Americans believe in ghosts.
47 percent of Americans believe believe Satan causes most evil in the world.
53 percent of Americans believe houses or rooms can be haunted by spirits.
58 percent of Americans believe believe dreams can foretell the future.
68 percent of Americans believe believe you can change the physical world via positive thought.

and

4 percent of Americans believe lizard people control the US.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
4 percent of Americans believe lizard people control the US.
4 percent? That's like 12.8 million people that believe that. Seems awfully high. That's like the population of NYC and LA that all believe lizard people control the US?
Based on a Us pop of 320 million

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
That's like the population of NYC and LA that all believe lizard people control the US?
Or they think their politicians are lizards. Now that I think about it, a lot US politicians act like cold blooded creatures. The number of Americans who believe lizard people control the US has probably gone up since the last US election.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I should hope he was elected by Americans, dread to think who would win if another Country could vote for an American President. Although it might be fun....lol

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
37.9 percent of American adults age 20 years and over are obese. (2013-2014)
70.7 percent of American adults age 20 years and over are overweight, including obesity. (2013-2014)
26 percent of world the worlds population is considered to be starving. (2016)

·
Registered
359 Posts
I should hope he was elected by Americans, dread to think who would win if another Country could vote for an American President. Although it might be fun....lol
They certainly couldn't do much worse. :|

Reactions: Allan B

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Are these "statistics" or "alternative statistics"? :D

Cameron

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
The statistics I posted were from sites quoting results of real world studies and surveys. The obesity numbers were from the CDC. (cdc.gov) The starvation figure was from a site called Statistic Brain that uses Facing the Future, Think Quest and Hunger Relief Organizations as sources.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts