Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the process of switch from Bell to Shaw direct and normally I just do my own install. I didnt realize that Bell has a power inserter connected to one coax and it was still plugged in downstairs.

So now I am having trouble finding the satellite, and I am second guessing myself on whether or not Im just having trouble lining up the dish properly or if I messed up my LNB.

Anyone have any idea if i pooched my LNB?

TIA

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Difficult to say. I believe most LNBs take 14v-24v and there should be some resilience to overvoltage built in. The best way to check would be to try the LNB on a working dish. There are other considerations, such a receiver settings and type of LNB (stacked/non-stacked) or maybe you just haven't hit the satellite yet.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You're not trying to use a Shaw LNB with a Bell dish, are you? Sorry...don't mean to insult your intelligence, but I've seen posts where it has been asked if this would work. The answer, I believe, is "no". You need a Shaw dish with an LNB that is matched to it (60e dish takes a 60e LNB, etc.)

Also, In the instructions I followed to do my install it said to apply power to the receiver AFTER all coax connections have been made so as not to damage the receiver. That said, is it possible you have damaged your receiver and not the LNB? Are you still able to tune the receiver to channel 299 and see the signal meter?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I was just having trouble finding the sat because I've got it working now. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts