Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It begins tonight on MC in the west and TMN in the east. They are re-airing the last episode of Season 4 before premiering the first episode of Season 5. Can't wait.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yes! And since season five picks up right where four left-off, when so many of us were left shocked (no spoilers!), watching the last 5-10 minutes of season four's finale will probably be helpful.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Interesting how TMN is showing the new episode of Dexter tonight at 10PM..
Yet if you check out showtime site n go to the schedule.. showtime's playing the season premier at 9pm.

Gotta love being Canadian. Last time i remember having to wait to watch an American movie channels show was early 2000's for sopranos. on HBO they were far ahead and tmn was way behind. but that's another thread.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
In the USA, Showtime is directly competing against HBO and puts Dexter up against Boardwalk Empire.

Here, in Canada we are lucky enough to be able to watch the best of HBO and Showtime on one network with one subscription, something our unfortunate neighbours south of us are unable to do.

TMN/HBO Canada knows that putting Showtime's Dexter up against HBO's Boardwalk Empire would alienate a chunk of its subscribers who want to watch both.

Gotta love being Canadian.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Cant wait

I cant see how they keep this going for more than a couple of more seasons, for me Criminal minds has just gone on to long, even though I love it. Burn Notice is now in its 5th season as well but the double plot line keeps the show fresh.:cool:

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
In the USA, Showtime is directly competing against HBO and puts Dexter up against Boardwalk Empire.

Here, in Canada we are lucky enough to be able to watch the best of HBO and Showtime on one network with one subscription, something our unfortunate neighbours south of us are unable to do.

TMN/HBO Canada knows that putting Showtime's Dexter up against HBO's Boardwalk Empire would alienate a chunk of its subscribers who want to watch both.

Gotta love being Canadian.
I have to disagree completely with this statement...as PVR's are far more rampant in the US...making timeshifting a way of life...and making your point moot.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have to disagree completely with this statement...as PVR's are far more rampant in the US...making timeshifting a way of life...and making your point moot.
Although PVRs may be more prevalent, timeshifting is almost entirely unavailable in the US. Local market affiliates are protected (since many are individually owned), so alternate network feeds are unavailable.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Anyways, Who cares what time it is on compared to the states.

What did everyone thin about the show? I think the show had a much different feel then before. It seems as though Dexter was very close to breaking and telling someone about his secret. It will be interesting to see how he continues to hide is secrets.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Although PVRs may be more prevalent, timeshifting is almost entirely unavailable in the US. Local market affiliates are protected (since many are individually owned), so alternate network feeds are unavailable.
Most of the specialty channels that you are talking about...in HBO and Showtime...have both east and west feeds...and the nature of PVR's is to timeshift!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I found the first episode to be a little bit lackluster as well.
Agree. I found that I had to go into the premiere knowing that it possibly could not come close to the experience that was last season`s finale. I think lowering my expectations helped. But, hey, this is Dexter! It`ll pick up fast again, I`m sure!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
IS it just me but are they getting sloppy with the editing? I mean he was on his boat presumably well away from the funeral and killed a man. We did not get to see his clean up or dump of the body.. I feel that sometimes they blend things just a bit to closely. I try to ignore it but much of the show relies on where he is at what time doing what... Just seems to me he would have taken hours to compete his trip and murder and get to the funeral.. I realize he showed up late but.....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Episode 3

Wow, so much tension building something has to explode, the writers have painted themselves into what seems an inescapable corner. Cant wait to see how they get out.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts