Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's a pretty table to explain exactly how the DCT program works.

http://twitpic.com/2dqtuh

If you have any further questions post them here.

cheers,
Sean
Shaw Customer Care - Social Media

·
Registered
5 Posts
The chart shows "unlimited swaps on purchased HD boxes"

Does this only apply to boxes that were purchased from Shaw or can I swap boxes that I purchased off eBay?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you own the HD box and it's on your account we'll swap it for you. Doesn't matter where you purchased it from.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Shawsean, how long is the commitment to NFLST? I think it's $40, do I have to have it for all 4 months, or can I just have it for a month and do all my PVR swapping then cancel? I like football, but I like the PVR deal more.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To qualify for the DCT program you'd have to purchase NFL Sunday ticket in it's entirety whether it's up front or monthly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Shaw HDPVR DCT6412 which I purchased from a family member, but have yet to hook it up and activate it at home. Will I be able to exchange the HDPVR using this deal after I activate it?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know this has been asked, but I'm old and my brain is fuzzy.

I have two 3416s. If I purchase NFLST for the going rate (likely to be $200 or so?) then can I swap out both of my 3416s for 3400s?.

Looking at it this way, even if I didn't watch NFLST, for a hundred bucks each (or so) I could upgrade to new STBs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@flyingsolow: after the dct is activated on your account yes, you'll be okay to exchange it.

@Whiteccapsfan: yes you can swap both dct's.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Just so I'm clear on this... I can take ANY PVR that is currently active on Shaw and swap it for a DCX3400 if I subscribe to NFLST?

Anytime during the season?

You really, really sure about 3rd party units... ? I just ask because normally these aren't covered by Shaw's warranty...

The unit has to be on your account, or you actually have it physically activated and then you can do the swap?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just so I'm clear on this... I can take ANY PVR that is currently active on Shaw and swap it for a DCX3400 if I subscribe to NFLST?
I'm sure it must be HD capable.

Anytime during the season?
There's a time limit. Early bird deal until Sep 6th and I think someone mentioned the upgrade deal expires on Sep 28th.

You really, really sure about 3rd party units... ? I just ask because normally these aren't covered by Shaw's warranty...
I don't know, but it probably has to be a device originating from Shaw. Hopefully, you'll still be able to rent a 3400 for free for the season.

The unit has to be on your account, or you actually have it physically activated and then you can do the swap?
Activated on your account.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you own a Shaw (purchased new from Shaw, resellers or used from relatives, friends, strangers) HD PVR yes you can swap it.

The dct just needs to be on your account (proof that you're the owner), doesn't matter if it's not hooked up or activated.

If your HD DCT/PVR isn't a Pace Summit, Aspen or DCX3400 you qualify for the swap program.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Does it matter if the unit is out of warranty?

Be better if it supported non-Shaw purchased units as well, but I guess we can't have everything.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm interested in the warranty question too. I have an older Motorola (6200?) that is going on 4 years old. I would like to swap that for a newer pace, and then buy the new PVR at 1/2 price. Plus bonus 4 months of NFL sunday ticket!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no it doesn't matter if it's out of warranty.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
box/power cable/remote will be just fine.

Leaving for the day but i'll be back tomorrow if anyone has any further questions.

Cheers,
Sean

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a 6416 box that I had to open up to replace a failed hard drive (it was out of warranty anyway) - would this disqualify it for upgrade?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
only if you advise them of that when you go to swap it :)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Shawsean, how long is the commitment to NFLST? I think it's $40, do I have to have it for all 4 months, or can I just have it for a month and do all my PVR swapping then cancel? I like football, but I like the PVR deal more.
The NFL ST package is purchased as a package and once started it can't be cancelled as far as I know. We had this come up a couple times last year and you get billed the full charge even if you cancel.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks Guys! I managed to sneak off to the Shaw office tonight, gave them a DCT6200 and a couple hundred bucks and walked away with a new Summit and a DCX3400. NFL Sunday ticket billed to my account for the next 4 months.
You cannot cancel NFL Sunday ticket. You commit to all 4 months!

Regards
Matt

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.