Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

This is my first time trying to use a receiver so please bare with me.

I just purchased a Denon AVR-2112CI and have it hooked up in my living room with a set of Boston Acoustic speakers in 5.1 Surround configuration. The last two channels of the 7 are connected to my build in home speaker system and used in the Zone2 functionality.

An issue I am having is the following. I typically stream my itunes to the receiver using the Airplay but when I do this I can't get it to go to Zone2 only (it always wants to be sent to the Main Zone as well). Typically this wouldn't bother me as I can just mute the main zone but if my playlist ends and then I get back to it a few minutes later the sounds is blasting out of the Main zone at some set volume which is much higher than I want it to be.

Since the menu system is kind of complex on my system, would anyone be able to walk me through how to find this setting? I want to have the default volume to the Main Zone set to -80 dB or mute when I am on the Network source. Can this be done? I was listening to music just before bed last night and then a song ended, the next song was blaring from the living room. Very inconvenient.

Cheers,
Dan Dan the Science Man

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured out that the volume was connected to the iTunes volume setting. What a newb I am. Mods can delete this thread unless they think the information I discovered is useful to anyone else.

Cheers,
Dan Dan the Science Man

1 - 2 of 2 Posts