Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

i have a denon 5805 which i picked up 6 years ago, the thing is a beast. i dont want to part with it but would like to possibly use it only as an amp and get a seperate pre amp. any thoughts suggestions, and possbly what preamp to get under 3000... want hdmi 1.4 all the new dts hd and stuff..

thanks
Justin

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Audition the Anthem MRX series. They are getting rave reviews on US sites as the best value in your price range - not as good as a D2 but at half the price.

Also checkout your local NAD dealer for refurbed or open box M15HD prepros

·
Registered
361 Posts
Another one to consider is the new NAD T187 prepro @$2500

It is essentially the front end of the 887 AVR which will work for you as you already have a good amp in the Denon

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
put the money into sources. shouldn't the pre of that machine be good enough ?

forget 1.4 unless your looking for 3D. MultiCh the HD audio. |Consider Oppo BDP95, or other very good multi player

A little under your budget, but is getting rave reviews
irrelevant considering the rave user reviews also. this pre is very good from what i'm observing.

Another one to consider is the new NAD T187 prepro @$2500
am looking forward to this release.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I agree with pharsyde. Try a player that has 5/7.1 outs and decodes the lossless audio and run that into the 5/7.1 ins on your receiver. It will save you a ton of cash and might give you the results you are looking for.

I am looking forward to the new NAD stuff as well. A very good chance it may be my next receiver. Love the new design and those upgradeable modules they started with the last line of products. I won't have to worry about swapping equipment, just parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts