Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just cancelled all of my Shaw services as I'm planning to go OTA.

I want to rewire my house with new RG6 coax (and have already bought a box of cable) but am wondering about the demarc. I'd like to have a place to put the wires in, but I don't want to have to worry about Shaw coming around and cutting my wires.

There's an electrical distributor not too far away here that has datacomm stuff, so I could just get my own box. What I'm wondering is if I put up my own box with my new house wiring will Shaw just deem it their own and lock me out of it?

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The grey box belongs to the cable company and they can "cut" there, but, obviously cannot inside the home at the electrical panel.
I guess I must've asked in a roundabout way...

What I meant to ask is if I put my *own* box with my new cabling outside of my house next to Shaw's box will Shaw just come along and claim ownership of that new box and lock me out of it. There's not going to be any of Shaw's stuff in that box and all of the old coax will be removed.

I don't plan on using Shaw's box at all. I've just read stories on here where Shaw came around and cut/locked homeowners of it.

I hope that clarifies things. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.