Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Dell Streak, a smartphone tablet PC from Dell that uses the Android operating systems, is now available from Rogers Wireless.

Features of the device include: a 1GHZ Qualcomm Snapdragon 8250 processor; Android OS 1.6; a 5-inch capacitive touchscreen with 800 x 480 pixel resolution; two cameras, a 5MP one with dual-LED flash on the back and a VGA-resolution one on the front for video calling; built-in GPS; WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity; and a MicroSD card slot

Rogers says the Dell Streak will support over-the-air updates including Android OS upgrades, Adobe Flash 10.1, and video chat applications enhancements.

Now from Rogers for $600 with discounts when signing up for multi-year voice and data plans.

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
The hardware is nice, but Android 1.6? They can't do better than that? I don't think at this point I'd consider anything that old, it's unlikely Dell will get it past 2.1, maybe 2.2. Maybe the large screen will draw people in though.

·
Registered
748 Posts
@TorontoColin

I don't think the potential customers who will be looking at a Dell device are that knowledgable, or care, about the latest version of the OS. No one ever bought Dell for the latest technology.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
My biggest issue is that it's $600 for a phone that's LOCKED to the Rogers network. At that price, I want the freedom to choose any GSM network I want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts