Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am having a bit of an issue with the IR blaster on my Hauppauge HD-PVR.

The jack input on the back of the PVR is 2.5mm (3/32") while the blaster that came with the PVR is a 3.5mm (1/8"). That was a little frustrating, so I just picked up a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter and tried that but the blaster just stays on. It's a blinding red light that stays lit all the time. Everything else about the PVR seems fine.

What is the IR jack size on this supposed to be? I am thinking I either have a defective PVR or a defective blaster. I plugged in another blaster I had from my Tivo and the same thing happened. The lights just stayed lit.

Anyone ever seen or heard of this issue?

Thanks..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just in case anyone ever has the same issue:

Hauppauge packaged the wrong blaster with the HD-PVR. The one included was for media center. Or at least that's what Hauppauge support told me. They are sending a new one out, we'll see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
FYI - there are some limitations with the Hauppauge IR blasters - such as you can only use one of them on a system even if you have multiple HD-PVRs. I have two HD-PVRs but I don't use the blasters - I use firewire for changing channels - SageTV is my PVR app. I also use a USB-UIRT to change channels on an analog tuner connected to an SD cable box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts