Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
That guy appears to be a bit clueless about batteries. Just measuring with a volt meter won't tell you much. You need to measure it with a load.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Logitech Harmony 900 replacement batteries are under $10 on Amazon, probably cheaper on eBay. I bought one for a Harmony One years ago and it's still good. That guy almost wrecked a $400 remote to save 10 bucks.

Apart from losing capacity, the biggest problem I've found with Harmony Remote batteries is that they expand, as lithium ion batteries sometimes do. Then they get stuck in the remote. It's a good idea to check the battery occasionally before it gets stuck. The remotes can be disassembled but it's not a good idea.

BTW, the 900 had a remote IR transmitter with an RF connection. That explains the RF chip and probably some of the extra logic. These days a Harmony Hub serves a similar function.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Wow such a very detailed and well written tear down of the harmony remote. Very well written Article, thanks for sharing NeilN

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I'd agree that the technical analysis was good. Not sure I'd suggest doing the same unless you don't mind potentially bricking the remote.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts