Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody else is looking forward to Death Race 2?

It's the prequel to Death Race, the Paul W.S. Anderson (Resident Evil) movie with Jason Statham (The Transporter) and Ian McShane (Deadwood). It was a remake of Death Race 2000 with Sylvester Stallone and David Carradine.

Anyways, the first Death Race is, in my opinion, a really underrated action movie... awesome cars, great stunts, great one-liners. A definite guilty pleasure film.

The prequel seems to have a pretty great cast: Sean Bean (Boromir from Lord of the Rings), Ving Rhames, Danny Trejo and Robin Shou (Liu Kang from Mortal Kombat!). Here's the trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmQCQQvw2u4 Totally awesome popcorn movie.

I'm definitely intrigued.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
I bought the second one. Nowhere as good as the first one, unfortunately, but I'm a sucker for completing a set. Just like the Saw series. I started hating it from Saw 5 but bought it anyway all the way through Saw Decadence.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I have to say that it might have been "an underrated action movie ..." but only if they had called it something else. The original Death Race 2000 is a classic B-movie complete with social commentary. Like Rollerball, the remakes do no justice to the original movies.

If you want to see a great movie, see the original Death Race 2000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts