Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
The easiest way is to unplug it. Calling Bell to have them deactivate it is another option. If you are selling it, call Bell to tell them it has been sold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't know if they would oblige, when i went to Rogers, they disconnected me! - I was hoping there was a way to do it at home...

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I do not understand how Bell can disconnect you just because you went to Rogers.

Unless;
1. Rogers used the feed from the Dish, in which case you might still have a Bell account.
2. You gave Rogers the Receiver.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Well what do you expect then.?

When you moved into a Condo, with no Southern View or no permission to put up a Dish, all you had to do was call Bell, they will cancel any Term you are on providing you send them a Fax from the Condo Board, saying No Dish Allowed etc.

Then you can sell the receiver and re-coup some money.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Why deactivate a receiver on an account in arrears??? Bell will disconnect it for you. And then send your bill to collections.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
All you had to do was call Bell 30 days ahead of time and say you were moving and want to cancel the service. Not doing that has cost a lot of money. It's too late now. The receiver is useless until the outstanding balance is paid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts