Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help with my Motorola DCX3400 (HDMI connected) dropping analog channels.

I'm in the Edmonton area.

On some analog channels (11, 32, 33, 111, 114) there is no signal except for a message saying "Channel will be available shortly" "ref: S0a00"

The analog channels come in fine on my TV in the bedroom connected to the wall outlet and they are also coming in fine on the Motorola DCT3416 on the TV in the basement (HDMI connected).

No problems with Digital Channels and with HD Channels.

Called Shaw Tech support and he reset the box but it didn't bring back the channels (tech appointment booked for next week).

Anyone experience this with these new boxes?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm sure this is a signal strength issue as I get it on my 6416 PVR downstairs on some channels that come in fine upstairs on an old 6208.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree with I wanna flat panel. It's a signal strength issue. I had the same ref code problem with my dct 700. Called shaw and they said to check all the connection and I found my splitter to be partially broken. Once I replaced it, the channels are working fine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The DCX line-up is an all-digital receiver, so these are digital channels not analog. The channels are physically carried higher in the spectrum, so like posted above, it is probably a signal issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts