Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to connect my DCT to my new Sony EX700 TV and/or Sony Sound Bar. Neither the TV nor the Sound Bar system see the DCT's HDMI connection. I've gone into the DCT's Interface/Port Status menu and it shows it is enabled but not active.
Does anyone know how to get it "active"? I've always had the DCT connected via component and never had any issues. The Shaw tech wasn't any help.
Do HDMI ports go bad if they aren't used?
Thanks for your help.
p.s. I've already tried switching out different cables etc. so it's not the cables. I have other devices connected via HDMI and they are working fine too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not surprising the Shaw tech that came over wasn't really able to do anything. It looks like I have a bad HDMI port. I'm going to try the Component + Optical solution.

My question is do I have to do anything in the DCT's Output settings to make the Optical connection work (like having to pick Component etc) or does it automatically choose the Optical connection if it is plugged in?

Thanks for your help everyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.