Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the past week I've noticed that the PVR shut off a couple of times on it's own for a minute or so. Today the sound cut out once and several times the info screen showed up while watching a program and I had to use the remote to click the arrow back button to get rid of the pop up.

While watching I can also lose the audio and video feed to the tv however the pvr is still on and in this instance the 'rec' display was visible as i was recording.

I tried rebooting (unplugging for a minute) however these new intermittent problems continue. The PVR is about 3 years old or so.... :confused:

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alrighty then...spoke to a csr who did the usual reset. if the problems continue to present a tech will come out and if that fails they'll give us a new box. It appears that on Oct 1st Shaw introduced a program whereby if you have their phone, internet and tv you're called a triple play client and as such you have life warranty on all the equipment.

Not bad eh...

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HDMI Cable conflict post Firmware upgrade

Well as it turned out the problem wasn't a mechanical issue with the PVR but instead, a conflict with the HDMI cable from the PVR to the TV as a result of their latest firmware upgrade this month.

It didn't make sense to me but since switching to component cables the problem has gone. The Shaw CSR even called back a week later for a follow up on the problem.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to hear Paul. Our's continues to work however should any other issues pop up I'll be sure and take advantage of the lifetime warranty.

Did you get a refurb or was your replacement shortly after a new purchase?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.