Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new cable box. I have programmed the tv into the remote. When the remote is in tv mode, I can adjust the tv's volume. When I have the remote on cbl mode, the cable box volume bar comes up but the actual volume doesn't adjust, only if I turn it down all the way it will mute. But forget about controlling the cable box's volume, I would like for the remote to control the tv's volume when it is in cbl mode. How can I do this?

The old remote I had with my previous box will control the tv's volume on cbl mode on this new box so there must be some way to program the same function into the new remote. I have gone through the user manual and I can't find what I need to do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have found the answer on their website. So if anybody is looking for future reference:

To program the 5-button Rogers Remote to control the volume on your TV:

1. Press the TV button.
2. Press and hold SETUP until the TV button blinks twice.
3. Enter 9 - 9 - 3. The TV button will blink twice.
4. Press the TV button, it will blink twice.
5. You are done. The volume functions on your TV will now be controlled by your remote.

They really should have this info in the remote control booklet.

·
Super Moderator
56,567 Posts
They do, you just didn't find it. Look again. Read post 2. I can't tell you which page it's on since I don't know which model remote you have, but it's there (page 19 of the 1056 manual for example, or page 17 of the 1055 manual). If you download the manual you can do a search for lock or global.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I did see that in the book. I bypassed it because I was just looking for the cbl function to adjust the tv's volume, not every function to do it. But now I know you can do it the global way initially to get cbl to control the tv volume, and then set the other functions on the remote individually.

Do blu-ray player codes exist for these remotes?

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
Do blu-ray player codes exist for these remotes?
Blu-rays were introduced after these remotes were designed so there aren't specific codes for blu-ray. Some manufacturers like Sony used a different code for blu-ray and DVD.

If the DVD codes don't work, you can use learning mode to set up the blu-ray. It's a pain, but you only have to do it once.

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
If you can't find the instructions and have the Atlas remote (1055), you can download the Shaw manual as shown in post 2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts