Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I will be leaving Alberta heading to Prince Edward Island. Does anyone know if I can use this HD PVR with BellAliant, Rogers, or Eastlink there??

Also, when watching TV I have black screen that occurs intermittently...doesnt happen unless Im watchign tv through the HDPVR...is this a common problem/is there a fix??

Thanks so much for any responses!

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Hi Smeege and welcome to DHC,

I would find out which provider serves the area you are moving to and then post your question in that provider`s forum here. I don`t think Rogers would be compatible but you never know depending on the area.

As for the `blank screen`, sadly, this is an all too common problem with digital tv, at least with Shaw anyway. Others have reported reading of similar problems with all other tv providers, cable and satellite, so it is more likely a global issue with the delivery of digital signals.

Good luck out on PEI and I hope you enjoy the slower pace out there, I know I would.

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
I moved my 4 Digital boxes from SHAW to EastLink without issues.
May I suggest you call EastLink at 1-888-345-1111 with the serial numbers off your boxes to confirm that they can be added.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You

I appreciate y'all taking the time to respond to my inquiry.
I will be phoning eastlink to ensure this will work, if not to Kijiji it goes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts