Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have recently purchased the DC758D from Shaw. I have noticed a problem with the image quality. The colour black contains ghosted images from previous frames. It is most noticeable (and annoying) in dark scenes where the frame is mostly black.

The problem is there during a live signal, or while playing from the PVR. I don't believe it is a problem with the signal, but I think it is a problem with the DC758D because when I stop playback and then resume, the ghosted images from the frames before I stopped the playback will vanish! That means the ghosts are being rendered by the DC758D and are not stored on the PVR disk, nor contained in the signal.

If someone else has this problem, and can explain it better than me, please go for it!

This is so annoying, it's like I'm watching YouTube. If I cannot find a solution, I will have to destroy this thing with a baseball bat, and watch movies on my PS3 instead.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
It may be a problem with the terminal. I would recommend having a tech come out and have a look and go from there. (Save the bat for something better. lol)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts