Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a DBGH and I'm wondering about the element-phase line gap. Is it critical that the phase line is 1" in front of the elements?

I'm building on 2" central vac pvc*, so it would be much easier to mount the elements to one side, run bolts straight through and run the feed lines on the other (effective element-phase line gap of a little less than 2"). The other spacings would remain the same.

__
Jason

*I had it laying around, but it's nice for building. it's much larger diameter than conduit pvc, but much thinner walled than large plumbing pvc. As a result it's very strong and light.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
It hasnt been modeled that way, but give it a try. IIRC, theres not that much difference in gain, phasing lines in front of the elements from 15mm to 80mm. The distance between the wires and having the phasing lines exactly the same length are the most important.
After youre finished, tweak in real time to get the best results. What ever you do to the top half, do to the bottom.

I'm building on 2" central vac pvc*
Thats probably not UV resistant, so it wont last that many years outdoors. Grey electrical PVC is UV resistant and is cheap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts