Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
81 - 100 of 403 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
you can go to a Canadian post office that sells a credit card that you add money to.its a prepaid credit card and it works just like any credit card would work.the post offices are located in major drugs store in Ontario like shoppers drug mart and rexall

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got the email from NFL Gamepass informing me of the changes the other day. I think that DAZN seems pretty cool, especially for the cost compared to what Gamepass cost last year. However, I am going to be doing a bit of travelling this winter and would no longer be able to access DAZN unless I am in Germany, Switzerland, Austria or Japan. I haven't signed up for anything so far as I just don't know what to use. If I go with DAZN then I cannot watch the games when not in Canada so I might have to sign up for Gamepass International with a VPN.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I got the email from NFL Gamepass informing me of the changes the other day. I think that DAZN seems pretty cool, especially for the cost compared to what Gamepass cost last year. However, I am going to be doing a bit of travelling this winter and would no longer be able to access DAZN unless I am in Germany, Switzerland, Austria or Japan. I haven't signed up for anything so far as I just don't know what to use. If I go with DAZN then I cannot watch the games when not in Canada so I might have to sign up for Gamepass International with a VPN.
You can watch DAZN Canada with a VPN when you are abroad.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The DAZN press release said the agreement with BeIN sports would include CL games live and on-demand. I always assumed DAZN's Champions League coverage would start with the group stage matches in September and not with the play-off games. For now I guess we can watch the BeIN live stream which has 2 CL matches today and 2 tomorrow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can watch DAZN Canada with a VPN when you are abroad.
Only issue with that is the data. If it give an option to download the game to your device and watch it on demand like Gamepass does on tablets than it would work, but trying to watch a live sporting event on a server that you have to run through a VPN usually doesn't give the greatest results, at least with the VPN's I used.

·
Registered
27 Posts
After a few weeks with it, must say I'm quite thrilled having access to all La Liga and Ligue 1 action , wish there was a pill that would replace hours of sleep so I could watch more.

That said if they are weaknesses about their offer it is the media player they use, when you try to watch with delay a live event, the thing works poorly if you try to advance in time . Not having a fast forward function makes the video on demand not as useful it could be.

I guess they cut money by only taking audio stadium instead of taking the broadcast sound of an european crew to call football/soccer action so they instead brought their own people to the action from their studio and so far it makes for a poor choice. If I appreciate their sobriety, can't stand play by play men who scream at the top of their lungs, they lack about everything else, little research about the performers, they seem to have done a summary research on Wikipedia, no insights, no tactical analysis whatsoever, basically a very academic and pedestrian play by play that diminishes your interest for the game.

Kinda wish they offered the Bein stream on a Video on Demand basis so I could listen to Phil Schoen who usually does a quite decent job.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Regarding UEFA Champions league games:

""""We'll have a selection of games available through our @beINSPORTS stream, and we're already working on expanding our content lineup further!""""

·
Registered
718 Posts
That said if they are weaknesses about their offer it is the media player they use, when you try to watch with delay a live event, the thing works poorly if you try to advance in time . Not having a fast forward function makes the video on demand not as useful it could be.
But they do have an excellent highlights package for each event.

No need to fast forward when they have edited out the dead air e.g currently watching Chiefs / Bengals and the entire match including all the plays is edited down to the 34 minutes of actual action.

81 - 100 of 403 Posts