Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
61 - 80 of 403 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm just waiting to see if they have actually all the UEFA champions league then I'll subscribe.
I'm pretty sure they wont this year. TSN are the primary rights holder in Canada and sell secondary rights on to beIN, who themselves have done a deal with DAZN. beIN can only sell what they have the rights to ... which aint much.

In future years, when EPL and European rights are renegotiated worldwide I would expect DAZN to be a major player.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
The CFL is in bed with TSN - so I don't see that changing, however, the lack of content this year is surprising to me on TSN GO compared to the past. Maybe the 60+ year old CFL fan base doesn't watch TSN GO. No wonder no Gen-X fans like myself or younger watch the CFL. Would be interesting if DAZN somehow wrangles a CFL contract, but doubt it.
Yes, there's lots of consternation among CFL fans at how Bell has put it in the "watch TSN live is the only way to see anything" category. It's absurd in this day and age, especially for a league that is actively trying to broaden the fan base. It's not like TSN subscription numbers are going up.

But they locked into that deal with Bell, so they're stuck now.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I am not quit sure if BEIN sports just have the left overs from TSN for CL since they show alot of same games including the final. Also there is no option to buy the full package of Champions league online.

SN World Online used to have everything including separate packages to buy the games. I think DAZN secured themselves with NFL and now they can add more sports such as soccer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In an answer on their Twitter account they mentionned showing all Serie A games, still crossing my fingers about Laliga, meanwhile despite asking them numerous times, either the Canada or Quebec version of their twitter account, they still are silent about the Spanish championship.

By the way for those who are taking advantage of the site, how do you feel about their playback features which basically forces you to watch almost in real time the event as fast forwarding is almost impossible. Am thinking mostly about those who follow NFL with the numerous breaks in the action i really couldn't endure watching a game on playback taking basically the same time than watching it live ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anyone else previously with NFL GamePass receive notification that they were being switched to DAZN and that their Gamepass sub would NOT be renewed (despite being on auto-renew), then get charged regardless?

I signed up and paid for the 1-year deal with DAZN, then still got dinged with $240 to NFL.com. Put two tickets in with NFL.com for a refund, (including attaching their own emails indicating that I would not be charged), but no response yet.

Anyone else in the same situation?

·
Registered
718 Posts
To be fair to beIN they often don't release the advance info on which CL games they are showing in Canada until about 20 minutes into the match. It's early yet. :rolleyes:

No football showing up on the DAZN schedule for those dates yet.

·
Registered
330 Posts
whi_tan, I've had the same thing happen to me. The real funny part is these clowns at Game Pass charged me in Australian dollars and not Canadian dollars, some $279. Like you, I put in a couple of support tickets at NFL.com and have not heard a thing yet. If I don't hear from them by the end of the day, I'm fighting the charges through my credit card company.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any advisee for US wanabe?

Hello Canadian NFL fans, I'm in the US and trying to find a way to subscribe to DZN. The only problem I am having is a means to pay by credit card because card was issued in USA. Does anyone know a way for me to get a virtual Visa card issued fro a Canadian bank?
Thanks for any reply

Anyone watch a pre season NFL game, if so how is the picture quality compared to Game Pass?

·
Registered
718 Posts
is it just me or is the sound very badly out of sync for everyone on the English beIN Sports channel on the DAZN platform?

Or is beIN out of sync on beIN's own platform as well?

61 - 80 of 403 Posts