Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
DAZN was working fine on Sunday and yesterday (BEIN Sports live, one on demand game and few highlights).

Watching Liverpool VS PSG in Champions league (on-demand), keeps buffering every once in a while. At least 5-6 times in first half and now 5-6 times already in second half (58th min).

Just did a test on my internet speed and got 127.41 Mbps.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
I think DAZN is having problems with traffic (high demand shows) such as NFL. I only encounter issues with Champions league, hoping for better experience this Tuesday and Wednesday.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
PL might still be on TV since there is no confirmation from any of the major networks including DAZN. Something like Serie A which is between DAZN and TLN.

PL is adding more 3:00 PM games on Saturdays starting next season for growing the game in North and South America. I think PL is probably the most popular league for soccer in Canada and not being on TV is a huge step down. At the same time, Amazon Prime bought some of the PL games in UK, so it's not really a surprise to have the games on digital platform media (if they pay more) for countries where the league is not that popular.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
Yes, it's official. I dono how to feel about that since for the past 20 years or so, every Saturday or Sunday morning/afternoon, I watched the games on Sportsnet.

Wonder what will happen to all the talent TSN and sportsnet have for soccer coverage. What will happen to Sportsne Wrold?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
Craig Forrest who is an icon in Canadian soccer, made our Saturday mornings exciting for many years. He is no longer with Sportsnet along with some journalist and TV host James Sharman. Loved the sportsnet crew for PL coverage.

Wonder if DAZN will have pre/post game shows.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
DAZN announced yesterday about sub-licensing German Football (Bundesliga) from EuroSport in Germany & Austria. DAZN will be streaming live EuroSports 1 and 2 in Germany, Austria, Italy and Spain. I wonder if same deal can happen with Sportnet World?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
Yes, these are the shows that Sportsnet world used to have. I am hoping for PL international coverage before the game (same guys as the PL preview show). Also, Fan zone was fun to watch, maybe DAZN will add it, just one more sleep to find out.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
Yes, "Match Day Live" is what I used to watch on Sportsnet World. So, I think DAZN will have half time shows. They should have announce these programmings since many fans were asking around on Twitter.

Any Commercials?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
@waterug You can always make your suggestion directly to DAZN or DAZN help.
@DonR I use chromecast but might get Fire Stick too because of what u mentioned about being easier to navigate with fire stick remote rather than keep going to my phone or tablet for changing games on TV. Right?

Overall, the quality of two PL games I watched were amazing and absolutely no buffering. Loved the pre/half and post game shows except DAZN should add PL Today on their daily programming.

LA Liga and Ligue 1: DAZN is not showing any games on their schedule or on-demand as of yet but games are available via BEIN Sport live feed.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
@ ottvee Yes, PL today and Fanzone are available in Features section of Premier League. I think they are only available until next day when DAZN adds the new PL today and fanzone.
I also think these shows are only available on-demand sometimes in the afternoon and not being shown live.

DAZN has a reporter for Canadian PL viewers and has some interesting programs which is unique. According to Wikipedia, Canada is the only English language country where DAZN has PL rights.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·
As of this morning, I can't find BEIN Sports live channel. DAZN removed La Liga and Ligue 1 from their text contents (logos were remove couple of weeks ago).

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
It's official according to DAZN Twitter account that there will be no BEIN live, La Liga or Ligue 1 this season.

I dono if this is a step down from last year or just focusing on more popular leagues like PL.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #313 ·
But BEIN sports online for cord cutters is just expensive for 2 leagues with no play back. I saw many people switched to DAZN from BEIN in GTA because of Serie A even when BEIN had the rights. I am not sure how popular La Liga is in Canada but can't imagine being bigger than PL or Serie A.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·
BEIN SPORTS CONNECT Canada just reduced their monthly online subscription from $19.99 to $14.95 per month.
Annual subscription to $164.95 which is only $1.20 saving per month.

It makes me think that maybe DAZN is one who pulled the plug on their deal. Perhaps PL cost was too high.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #327 ·
I bought fire stick because of the remote and it feels like having cable again. Although, Fire Stick speed is excellent, DAZN app is not too fast when navigating inside it compare to Netflix and ....

21 - 40 of 52 Posts