Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
21 - 40 of 403 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
DAZN just added UEFA Champions League and Europa League so now BEIN sports is just too expensive (150 vs 209.95 annually) with no on-demand option.

I wonder if TSN and Sportsnet are working with DAZN or they just don't hold the digital rights for many sports.

Twitter:

""""Footy fans will definitely get their fix on DAZN. We'll have an update on all our league offerings in the coming days. Stay tuned!"""""

·
Registered
127 Posts
If DAZN has every CL (at least the ones not on TSN) and LaLiga match then I will likely subscribe for $150/yr. The on-demand feature is key for me and is why I never subscribed to BeIN

·
Registered
242 Posts
why can't dazn also broadcast the usa college football games too.we are underserved in Canada for a lot of those games.we don't get the acc network and pac12 network in Canada so theres a need for dazn to get the usa college games.all tsn shows are the espn college games and its only a select few of those games.and rogers sport pack college football and basketball on really shows 50% of all the games being broadcasted in the usa.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Plus this year, Big 10 fans are likely going to get screwed out of games because FOX now gets 1st and 3rd pick of the Saturday match-ups. I'd imagine most of the marque games will be on FOX but I'm sure some will be on FS1. The Super Sports pack rarely airs FS1 games, it's usually just ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN U games.
I think this is the biggest issue. With the Big Ten taking a majority of their conference-controlled games to FOX/FS1 we lose out on a few Power Five games each week that we used to get (at least with the ones that go to FS1). Until either Bell or Rogers or something like the DAZN steps up and either a) is able to broadcast FS1 college football games or b) creates a college football-specific package separate from any cable package, we will start to lose out more and more.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I signed-up for 1yr and I'll decide at the end of the month if I want to keep it.

So, they do have Ligue 1, Seria A and La Liga on their schedule. They do have the first Barcelona match listed but not Real Madrid's

The stream is good on my Android phone with Videotron LTE. I can log into my home PC and stream at the same time. So it looks like we can have simultaneous streaming on 2 different IP addresses.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Other soccer leagues they have is the Sky Bet Championship, and J-League. A cool feature when watching a replay is that you can select to watch just the highlights instead of watching the entire match.

Besides soccer and tennis they also have Moto GP, FIBA basketball, darts and fishing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
One more thing, their terms of service states that our subscriptions are good in any country Dazn provides service. So with a VPN we might be able to watch other sports not offered in Canada (ex. EPL from Germany)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
BEIN Sports just lost the rights to EFL Championship

""""
Last but not least, it’s anticipated that DAZN will be announced as the rights-holder of EFL Championship games in Canada. DAZN, part of the Perform empire, has seen success as a streaming platform in Germany and Japan. DAZN, pronounced “Da zone,” hopes to become the Netflix of soccer.

"""""

It's so weird that BEIN was advertising the games until yesterday, just a few days before the season starts everything is changed!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
DAZN said on Twitter that their goal is to have Apple TV live before the season starts. They're also working on PS4, but no timeline. Several people have asked about Roku, but there don't seem to be any plans for that.

Roku is popular in the U.S., but doesn't seem to be as popular in Canada or the other countries DAZN operates in.
Showstopper for me. If not on Roku or an app on my Bravia, not interested. Personally I like the MLB.TV model better - I just want/willing to pay for the one sport I'm interested in.

·
Super Moderator
20,052 Posts
Supported Devices

MOBILE DEVICES
Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet (COMING SOON)
Android Phone
iPhone & iPad

TV & CONNECTED DEVICES
Android TV
Apple TV
Google Chromecast
LG SMART TV (COMING SOON)
PANASONIC SMART TV (COMING SOON)
SAMSUNG SMART TV (COMING SOON)
SONY SMART TV (COMING SOON)

GAME CONSOLES
PLAYSTATION 3, 4, 4 PRO (COMING SOON)
XBOX ONE
XBOX ONE S

Check this link for current status:
https://my.dazn.com/help/CA-en/supported-devices-homepage-canada

Apple TV is now supported and the major brands of smart TVs are coming soon.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
wow, what does this mean?

''''''''We're announcing our full content lineup soon. The current price is an introductory offer. Sign up now to take advantage!''''''

21 - 40 of 403 Posts