Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

341 - 356 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I paid for the year upfront for NFL Football so no reason for me to cancel yet. As long as they play football this year I don't plan on cancelling however, if the season gets cancelled (very unlikely) that would be a different discussion.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I only carry the subscription for the NFL season, so annually at the end of the regular season, I cancel it. Much cheaper than buying NFT Sunday Ticket through Rogers and I can live with the few second delay between streaming vs on TV.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Was anybody who is on a yearly subscription able to get any kind of refund or getting their account paused for the past three months of no sports?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Was anybody who is on a yearly subscription able to get any kind of refund or getting their account paused for the past three months of no sports?
I paused my account when that option became available. Wasn;t looking for a refund, just an extension. Checked it the other day and it actually had not actually been, even though I received confirmation at the time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just heard DAZN is looking for new investors during this pandemic

hopefully they'll go out of business and TSN could get the soccer rights back

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Hopefully not ... rights were split between Sportsnet and TSN. I doubt that TSN would ever buy it all.

DAZN is much cheaper!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I've got SN and TSN. But you needed 3 further subscriptions to get all the Premier League ... SN2, TSN2, and very expensive Sportsnet World - which alone is more than DAZN.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Sportsnet World doesn't carry Premier League (English) but does carry the German league.
The discussion was related to some people's desire that DAZN goes out of business. I was referring to the previous pre-DAZN situation where games were split between TSN and Sporstnet, with Sportsnet distributing their games over 3 different paid channels (the regular channel(s), Sportsnet One, and Sportsnet World - gosh, did they ever have Sportsnet 360? - not to mention TSN 4, TSN 1/3/5, and TSN2).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just took look a shaw's channel website for the first time in half a year. Their TV packages have radically changed.

As of now, TSN and SN cost way more money than they did before.

I guess DAZN is cheaper

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
DAZN updated their schedule for upcoming PL games.

I hope they extend the annual subscription by 3 months.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I paused my account when that option became available. Wasn;t looking for a refund, just an extension. Checked it the other day and it actually had not actually been, even though I received confirmation at the time.
I think "paused" just means DAZN won't auto renew when your current subscription is finished (monthly or yearly).

341 - 356 of 356 Posts