Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

341 - 358 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I paid for the year upfront for NFL Football so no reason for me to cancel yet. As long as they play football this year I don't plan on cancelling however, if the season gets cancelled (very unlikely) that would be a different discussion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I only carry the subscription for the NFL season, so annually at the end of the regular season, I cancel it. Much cheaper than buying NFT Sunday Ticket through Rogers and I can live with the few second delay between streaming vs on TV.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Was anybody who is on a yearly subscription able to get any kind of refund or getting their account paused for the past three months of no sports?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Was anybody who is on a yearly subscription able to get any kind of refund or getting their account paused for the past three months of no sports?
I paused my account when that option became available. Wasn;t looking for a refund, just an extension. Checked it the other day and it actually had not actually been, even though I received confirmation at the time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just heard DAZN is looking for new investors during this pandemic

hopefully they'll go out of business and TSN could get the soccer rights back

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Hopefully not ... rights were split between Sportsnet and TSN. I doubt that TSN would ever buy it all.

DAZN is much cheaper!

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I've got SN and TSN. But you needed 3 further subscriptions to get all the Premier League ... SN2, TSN2, and very expensive Sportsnet World - which alone is more than DAZN.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Sportsnet World doesn't carry Premier League (English) but does carry the German league.
The discussion was related to some people's desire that DAZN goes out of business. I was referring to the previous pre-DAZN situation where games were split between TSN and Sporstnet, with Sportsnet distributing their games over 3 different paid channels (the regular channel(s), Sportsnet One, and Sportsnet World - gosh, did they ever have Sportsnet 360? - not to mention TSN 4, TSN 1/3/5, and TSN2).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just took look a shaw's channel website for the first time in half a year. Their TV packages have radically changed.

As of now, TSN and SN cost way more money than they did before.

I guess DAZN is cheaper

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
DAZN updated their schedule for upcoming PL games.

I hope they extend the annual subscription by 3 months.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I paused my account when that option became available. Wasn;t looking for a refund, just an extension. Checked it the other day and it actually had not actually been, even though I received confirmation at the time.
I think "paused" just means DAZN won't auto renew when your current subscription is finished (monthly or yearly).

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #357
DAZN just added Belgian Pro league which starts next week and many people are upset about Matchroom boxing not being shown in Canada despite DAZN having the rights.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm also upset that they have dropped PDC darts. Absolutely no notification they are dropping things, they just do it. DAZN are still apparently the rights holder to show darts live in Canada, but are choosing not to. Have to put up with absolutely irrelevant year old darts on Sportsnet!

341 - 358 of 358 Posts