Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

321 - 340 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm in Houston Airport right now and trying the VPN but DAZN won't load. Just takes me to the load screen and won't let me login. Looks like they've found a way to block VPN's. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Try different VPN servers (not necessarily US/Canadian). Some should work, but it may be tricky to find the ones that will. I am connecting to DAZN without a VPN, but just for the fun of it, I have tried a few VPN servers, and some of them worked just fine.

I assume you are using a paid VPN service, because I wouldn't trust those free ones very much.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Is anyone here watching DAZN on their TV using a casting device?

I use a chrome cast 3rd generation and it seems like the frame rates are lower than normal.

If there's anyone here using a roku or an amazon fire stick can you please tell me how the framerates look like? I'm thinking of using a different casting device.

i dont know if the fact that my tv is 13 years old is a problem, it shouldn't be because everything else i stream looks fine

thanks.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
DAZN looks fine on Roku to me. At time, the picture could be clearer ... but that's my ADSL 5 Mbps Internet. But I don't see frames per second issues.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
I bought fire stick because of the remote and it feels like having cable again. Although, Fire Stick speed is excellent, DAZN app is not too fast when navigating inside it compare to Netflix and ....

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I bought fire stick because of the remote and it feels like having cable again.
Perhaps they've improved the remote? My Fire Stick remote is so tiny, I keep losing it! I much prefer the Roku one.

Perhaps time for a new Fire Stick ... mine is almost unusable, with the frequency it crashes. I daredn't add a fourth app, which seems to just make it even more unstable.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
I dono about the remote improvement since I never had the old one before.

Comparing UEFA Champions league streaming quality to last year:

Absolutely zero issue where as last year there was buffering during the live/on-demand games.

·
Super Moderator
11,117 Posts
I thought I would share my DAZN experience from last night since I have been hearing about a lot of quality issues. I tried the trial and overall it was a very good experience. I was expecting streaming issues with such a popular event but DAZN worked as advertised.

I signed up in the afternoon and watched some soccer matches.

Device was a Roku Ultra using wifi on a 4K Vizio P series 50" TV.

The router reached and held 842KB/s (6738kbit/s) with little variation. There were no noticeable lags or breakups. Audio stream was stereo-only.

Later in the evening we tuned into the boxing event.

The router averaged 1038KB/s (8310kbit/s) with little variation in the speed. At 7PM when the match started it had trouble accessing the stream but after a few retries it connected and never dropped the stream until 12:30AM or whenever it ended. I am impressed the servers were able to handle the load.

One of the kids ran it on their PS4 at the same time and it also delivered around 6700kbit/s.

So overall a good experience. If I get more time I will do more testing.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I read somewhere that they have local POP's in Canada so that should help with streaming quality overall.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Does anyone know which broadcast of the Super Bowl DAZN will be streaming in Canada, i.e. the Fox broadcast, the CTV broadcast or some "international" broadcast to step around NFL broadcast licensing issues? Looking for a sim-sub workaround, thx to the recent idiotic SCC ruling.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If it's like the regular season they will be using the CTV feed. They always play the Canadian version if available ie simsub. It could change for the super bowl but the likelihood is low

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
On Monday morning, DAZN, the leading global sports streaming service, revealed it will expand to over 200 countries and territories.

The first global event on DAZN will be May 2, when boxing's biggest star, Canelo Alvarez, returns to the ring.

The first part of DAZN’s global expansion will be an English-language service focused on boxing.

Along with airing live boxing, DAZN features classic fights and original programming such as "40 Days," "The Making Of" and "One Night."

“Beginning this spring, most of the world will have access to DAZN and its unmatched schedule of boxing events”.

Currently, DAZN is offered in nine countries — Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States — across four continents.

Highlights from Press Release.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Anyone think that DAZN will offer a free month now that most of their programming will be wiped out because of the corona virus?

I've had DAZN for about 8 months and never once have i had a problem with streaming using my 3rd generation chromecast

Low frame rates however is still an issue with me. Every time i watch EPL Highlights on TSN (TSN using Dazn feeds) the frame rates look better. Wonder if they have a special machine that speeds things up :)

321 - 340 of 356 Posts