Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

301 - 320 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
You can watch Premier League on demand in their entirety for 7 days. Highlights (3 -5 min) are available even longer, I believe. You can pause, stop, rewind and fast forward these games.
I can do that with my Roku for DAZN. Even for live games (turn on after an hour, and rewind back 5 minutes or to the beginning).

That was my fear as well. Shame that OneSoccer doesn't work that way.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I can do it too (pause, rewind...) for anything on DAZN, on any platform I use (Fire Stick, Chromecast, or a Web Browser). Live or replay, it doesn't matter. The problem is with beIN Sports feed, where you can do absolutely nothing. And unfortunately La Liga and Ligue 1 are now only on beIN Sports live feed. Last year, both Spanish and French leagues were covered by DAZN (not beIN only), and all these controls were available. That's the problem I was talking about.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I can do it too (pause, rewind...) for anything on DAZN, on any platform I use (Fire Stick, Chromecast, or a Web Browser). Live or replay, it doesn't matter. The problem is with beIN Sports feed, where you can do absolutely nothing.
The original poster was asking about Roku and a Premier League game.

Yeah, it doesn't work on the beIN channel - I'm always a pit perplexed on how DAZN is including it, given my DAZN subscription is less than my old Cable beIN subscription used to be, and has so much more.

As far as I know beIN no longer carries any English or Canadian soccer games.

·
Registered
495 Posts
...my DAZN subscription is less than my old Cable beIN subscription used to be, and has so much more.
Very true! That alone makes DAZN, especially on annual subscription, a pretty good value. Just wish there was a way of controlling beIN live stream in the same manner as for the rest of DAZN.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
As of this morning, I can't find BEIN Sports live channel. DAZN removed La Liga and Ligue 1 from their text contents (logos were remove couple of weeks ago).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes. BeIN has won LaLiga rights and it appears there is no agreement to stream the games or the BeIN live feed on DAZN. Bummer.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
It's official according to DAZN Twitter account that there will be no BEIN live, La Liga or Ligue 1 this season.

I dono if this is a step down from last year or just focusing on more popular leagues like PL.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Its a big loss of content, lost access to several major leagues, cups, tourneys, South American international games etc. I don't think it was in their plan to lose it considering they were still advertising it late into the summer on their site and putting it in press releases.

·
Registered
495 Posts
All I can say is that now I really regret going for annual subscription. Out of 4 European soccer leagues, 2 are gone...not good at all. I am not saying DAZN is to blame, all I am saying is that I wouldn't have subscribed, if I knew this was coming. I will cancel my subscription right now, so I don't forget to do it when the year expires.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Just contact them and tell them you want to cancel it now for a refund seeing as what they promised wasn't delivered. Then just sign-up again for the monthly plan.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I'm not sure the story behind this, but I can't blame BeIn for this. It made no sense for BeIn to share their broadcast with DAZN. As it was no one would subscribe to BeIn. NOw there's reason to do it again.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
But BEIN sports online for cord cutters is just expensive for 2 leagues with no play back. I saw many people switched to DAZN from BEIN in GTA because of Serie A even when BEIN had the rights. I am not sure how popular La Liga is in Canada but can't imagine being bigger than PL or Serie A.

·
Registered
636 Posts
If anything this is going to hurt beIN more than DAZN.

Sure, DAZN might lose some subscribers for the handful of people who only care about La Liga (and I doubt anyone cares that much about Ligue 1), but I'd guess a majority of people were happy to watch a game or two of La Liga every week via DAZN, but they aren't going to go and subscribe to beIN for twice the price.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
BEIN SPORTS CONNECT Canada just reduced their monthly online subscription from $19.99 to $14.95 per month.
Annual subscription to $164.95 which is only $1.20 saving per month.

It makes me think that maybe DAZN is one who pulled the plug on their deal. Perhaps PL cost was too high.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Question, I have DAZN and I'm travelling to South America (Colombia) on Business next week, will my DAZN work or will I be limited to watching the games I have on cable using my Slingbox? They do have NFL Football on TV down there but the commentary is all in Spanish and I would rather watch my games in English if possible and access Red Zone.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't think DAZN has service in Colombia. You can use a VPN to set your device location to Canada though and just login to DAZN.

·
Registered
636 Posts
It makes me think that maybe DAZN is one who pulled the plug on their deal. Perhaps PL cost was too high.
It makes me think that either a) beIN were asking too much money and DAZN told them to go kick rocks, or b) beIN didn't think they were getting a good deal from it and presumed everyone would go subscribe to beIN Connect to get their La Liga fix. The price decrease indicates this didn't happen.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
301 - 320 of 356 Posts