Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Does this mean that sports bars will also no longer get Sundayticket thru cable and will have to go thru DAZN to show football?
The Canadian Press article I read yesterday said commercial customers would still get Sunday Ticket.

I wonder how Bell and Rogers are going to respond to DAZN's launching in Canada. Since they are OTT, no license is required.
How would they respond exactly? They lost the rights fairly and squarely to DAZN, as sold to them by the NFL.

So what happens to rural NFL RedZone subscribers who can't stream because they have speed or data cap issues? We're just SOL I guess?
SOL – that is part of living in the boondocks. You can't expect to have the same technology as an urban centre. Blame the government and telcos for that.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Signed up for the free trial three weeks ago.

First week, watched a 1pm Sunday NFL game with only minor issues (slight loss of PQ at times, but that is about it)

On Friday night I watched a soccer game without any issues.

Today, trying to watch a 1pm game became impossible in the second quarter. Video would freeze while the audio kept playing, PQ became unwatchable.

Sad that I found an illegal stream within minutes that stayed HD throughout the duration of the game.

·
Registered
697 Posts
A huge blow to TSN and a blow to consumers who will have to put up with the time delayed, buffered, frame starved offering that DAZN offers.
I've seen very few complaints about their service in the past few months and I've had zero issues with their streams personally. They definitely had teething problems in the beginning though.

·
Registered
697 Posts
it is a high cost to pick a game out of all of them and let's be frank how many times did the game you wanted to see was not picked up by TSN ? no idea how they'll deal with Europa League ,
What are you talking about? Every game is streamed at the same time. You choose which one to watch. It isn't rocket science.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I admit I will miss the "experts" at TSN and SN when DAZN takes over the Premier League next year ... On another note, I hope DAZN will continue to use Peter Drury and the other announcers who have been doing the Premier League.
I'm sure DAZN will do its own pre- and post-game shows and hopefully they use some British talent who will be better than anyone TSN or SN employed. On the opposite spectrum, if DAZN hire their own commentators who are calling it off a TV in a studio instead of using the world feed like TSN and SN did, I'll be upset.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Is DAZN really hurting Canadian Media after taking over PL? Dismiss of Journalist and TV hosts in the past few days.
No. Why would Sportsnet keep around two soccer TV hosts when they no longer have any soccer to televise? A giant waste of money. Their main online scribe John Molinaro also got ****-canned, but there's nothing of value lost with him.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Wonder what' s gonna happen to the TSN guys?
Luke Wileman is a pretty good play by play guy, and KJ is probably the best analyst in North America. Right now they have MLS (or at least TFC and Vancouver games). But surely that's not enough to keep them gainfully employed?
Nothing will happen to them. They have plenty of MLS coverage to keep them busy plus all FIFA tournaments and Euro. Wileman also does other sports occasionally such as rugby.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Just contact them and tell them you want to cancel it now for a refund seeing as what they promised wasn't delivered. Then just sign-up again for the monthly plan.

·
Registered
697 Posts
If anything this is going to hurt beIN more than DAZN.

Sure, DAZN might lose some subscribers for the handful of people who only care about La Liga (and I doubt anyone cares that much about Ligue 1), but I'd guess a majority of people were happy to watch a game or two of La Liga every week via DAZN, but they aren't going to go and subscribe to beIN for twice the price.

·
Registered
697 Posts
It makes me think that maybe DAZN is one who pulled the plug on their deal. Perhaps PL cost was too high.
It makes me think that either a) beIN were asking too much money and DAZN told them to go kick rocks, or b) beIN didn't think they were getting a good deal from it and presumed everyone would go subscribe to beIN Connect to get their La Liga fix. The price decrease indicates this didn't happen.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts