Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 14 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was wondering about subscribing to dan. I just have a few questions for you guys.

I've ready plenty of complaints about NFL streaming over the past couple of years. are these complains valid. The company says that this problem is persisting for a small part of their subscribers. Whenever I go to the review sections in the app store it either has 5 stars or 1 star. Seems like people are very happy or very dissatisfied.

Are these problems just for the NFL, or are people experiencing the same problems for other sports like EPL, Champions league, MLS, etc.?

Can i subscribe and pay for it using google play as an in app purchase? I read that you can pay for it as an app purchase on an apple in app payment, but i've read noting about google/android in app payment.

·
Registered
206 Posts
anyone use chromecast for dazn? the website does say that it is compatible.

anyone still know if you can pay the subscription fee using your google play account?

just read on the website that it does support google play and chromecast, sorry for time wasting.

Just want to know if anyone here has actually used chromecast to watch?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Is anyone here watching DAZN on their TV using a casting device?

I use a chrome cast 3rd generation and it seems like the frame rates are lower than normal.

If there's anyone here using a roku or an amazon fire stick can you please tell me how the framerates look like? I'm thinking of using a different casting device.

i dont know if the fact that my tv is 13 years old is a problem, it shouldn't be because everything else i stream looks fine

thanks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Anyone think that DAZN will offer a free month now that most of their programming will be wiped out because of the corona virus?

I've had DAZN for about 8 months and never once have i had a problem with streaming using my 3rd generation chromecast

Low frame rates however is still an issue with me. Every time i watch EPL Highlights on TSN (TSN using Dazn feeds) the frame rates look better. Wonder if they have a special machine that speeds things up :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just took look a shaw's channel website for the first time in half a year. Their TV packages have radically changed.

As of now, TSN and SN cost way more money than they did before.

I guess DAZN is cheaper

·
Registered
206 Posts
I resubscribed to DAZN when the champions league started up again on Tuesday. I've also noticed something a little different this time around.

I've complained about Dazn's frame rates in the past (25 FPS when you cast onto a tv) I noticed that when watching the games the frame rates will intermittently speed up for a few seconds, then revert back to the old 25 FPS. I also notice that when watching NFL football there seems to be more pixelation than last season.

Anyone else noticing this?

I use a 3rd generation chromecast that i bought around last year

thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hello

I’ve being chromecasting Dazn for the last 2 years and so far so good. But the past month has been a bit difficult. Over the past month while watching Champions league and Europa league soccer (live) I’ve noticed that during the match it will stop casting. I then have disconnect then reconnect the cast. This usually happens once during the game. Anyone else having the problem, better yet, does anyone know what the solution is?

Not sure if this is the right place for this question so I apologize in advance

thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
First it was Canelo Álvarez, then it was Serie A, now it's the EPL

Is Dazn a sinking ship?

Other than NFL and UEFA Champions league, DAZN doesn't really have anything of significance to offer to Canadian sports fans.

Maybe they could right the ship by picking up more MLB or NBA game rights i dunno. I really don't know how they can justify $20 per month anymore. I know that it is still a little cheaper to buy NFL on DAZN rather than your cable company, but still

1 - 14 of 17 Posts