Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Yes I have mixed feelings too. Especially I'm gonna have to get my dad z(who is retired and on a pension)a good computer and unlimited Internet now, so no savings for him.
I don't understand why they sell Internet and TV rights in one bundle. I wonder if TSN/Sportsnet even put up a fight. I mean if TLN can argue for TV rights for Serie A, why they couldn't make a similar agrument for TSN/Sportsnet. Even for 1 game on Saturday and one on Sunday. I'm beginning to think Sportsnet/TSN are no longer interested in soccer; which explains why they also lost Champions League and arent' interested in running any Euro qualifiers.

As far as Sportsnet World. That was a shadow of what it was when it started up anyways, and hasn't been worth the money, IMO. Regarding the talent. I wonder if people like KJ will move over to DAZN? Who knows?

Anyway, overall I'm disappointed with this.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Wonder what' s gonna happen to the TSN guys?
Luke Wileman is a pretty good play by play guy, and KJ is probably the best analyst in North America. Right now they have MLS (or at least TFC and Vancouver games). But surely that's not enough to keep them gainfully employed?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I'm not sure the story behind this, but I can't blame BeIn for this. It made no sense for BeIn to share their broadcast with DAZN. As it was no one would subscribe to BeIn. NOw there's reason to do it again.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Hey does anyone know if Sony Blu-Ray players with WIFI have the DAZN app? I know the PlayStations have it, wondering if it's the same with the Blu Rays. The DAZN site doesn't mention blu rays at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts