Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Neil Macrae having another throat operation?
Moving full time to Hawaii or Palm Springs?

It's going to be great not hearing Macrae horking up a flemball every morning.

FaxCap

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
McRae's contract runs out this summer. Whether Corus decided not to renew or McRae decided to retire ... not entirely sure, but it's a good role for Pratt. He had grown tiresome with four hours of airtime daily on 1040 in any event. His shtick wears you down with that much exposure.

What should worry Corus is 1040's ratings without Pratt. Through the roof with B'Mac in that chair.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I listen to B'Mac and Don Taylor every afternoon whilst bike riding. I get irritated with B'Mac, at times, giggling like a couple of schoolgirls at every advertising segment. I like Taylor. don't really care who the other guy is.
Maybe I was used to Pratt & Taylor.
Why, exactly, did Pratt leave a plum job at 1040?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pratt's contract was up and he didn't get back to management after repeated attempts and so they said goodbye, no renewal.

I've heard that Pratt then tried to say "No, no, no, that's not what I said!"

:)

Also, the plum job wasn't plum enough as Dave wanted his on air time cut back to 3 hours from 4.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Rogers was making noises about starting an all-sports endeavour. Have to believe that Corus would love to unload a certain AM station. The FAN 730? In any event, Pratt thought he had a bargaining chip and could leverage Rogers' interest into mega-dollars. Two things happened ... the Canucks extended with the TEAM which diminished Rogers' interest, and the TEAM decided that Pratt was expendable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts