Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rogers is now offering something called "Data Share Plan", which allows you to share your smart phone connection with other devices. I wonder how this is different from tethering? They say you can connect up to 4 devices, but with tethering on my Nexus One, I can connect 8. I've actually had 5 connected so far. They also want $10/month per device. It doesn't cost me any more to tether on my N1.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Rogers is now offering something called "Data Share Plan", which allows you to share your smart phone connection with other devices. I wonder how this is different from tethering? They say you can connect up to 4 devices, but with tethering on my Nexus One, I can connect 8. I've actually had 5 connected so far. They also want $10/month per device. It doesn't cost me any more to tether on my N1.
I wonder if this is in response to the iPhones hotspot feature coming really soon?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^^
After reading their ad in the newspaper, I now see that the devices connect directly to the Rogers network, rather than WiFi tether through the phone. Still, for $10/month per device, I'll stick with tethering. That way, I also won't have to buy a Rocket stick for my notebook computer. As for that iPhone hotspot feature, that's old news for Android phones.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just called about the Data Sharing plan. Since I have the 6GB bandwidth plan on my iPhone, Rogers wants $30/mth to connect my iPad.

At $10/mth I would have done it, but not at $30.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts