Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here watch either of these shows or have a spouse that watches them?

My wife has been complaining about the picture quality specifically on these two shows. She clearly stated that the picture quality isn't an issue consistantly across all shows, only these 2 dance shows. Her complaint is that "the quality sucks". She saved one for me to see but I won't be able to watch it until tonight. She made the comment that she was watching the first half of one of these shows at the gym in standard def and when she came home and watched the second half it looked worse in high def.

Just wanted to throw this out there to see if this problem is consistent or only me. Is it possible that only some channels are bad and is this something that TELUS can resolve?

·
Registered
272 Posts
is this SD or HD channel? I have been noticing for awhile HD quality or of lately seems be getting worst. Like they using more compressor or something.

So your not alone.. SD channels have been meh, I hope they clear up too soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She watches the shows in HD. She made a comment that the quality seemed better at the gym in SD compared to what we have at home with Optik in HD.

I have to stress this is only an issue on those 2 shows. We are both very happy with the quality everywhere else. I never noticed a quality issue because I don't watch those dancing shows.. :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
@netBEUI

I have notice some HD channels are better quality at times, While some times there some HD channels the quality is so very blurry with telus.. I never had this problem with Shaw.

Fast moving motion like waterfall or people splashing in water or even some sports turns to jumble of washed out detail. The sad thing is. My parents have Starchoice. There SD channels look almost as sharp some my HD channels.

And that's on old 401 SdBox.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts