From PC Magazine ReviewThe King is dead. Long live the King. On our Labs tests, the brand-spanking-new D-Link Xtreme N Duo Media Router (aka the DIR-855) garnered enough oohs and aahs to be named our new all-around Editors' Choice for home wireless routers.
I have posted this because we get a number of folks asking what Router to buy.
The price on this is $300 so it's not cheap but it does appear to be the state of the art for folks looking for top notch performance and not a bargain basement router.
From D-Link: DIR-855 Key Features and Benefits:
- Superior performance over competing 802.11n routers with simultaneous dual band (2.4 and 5GHz) operation
- On-board OLED Network Activity Display for quick view of network performance
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup to quickly and easily create and connect to a secure wireless network
- Intelligent Wireless Prioritization Technology
- QoS engine enables digital telephony "clear calls" and accelerates seamless interactive processing of packets in applications like online gaming.
- Works with existing wireless 802.11g and 11b devices
- Gigabit Ethernet ports for optimal speed for wired network
- Advanced wireless network security with WPA or WPA2 encryption
- Dual active firewalls to protect network from Internet attacks
- Expanded home Wi-Fi coverage
- Simple and easy installation with D-Link Quick Router Setup