Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just reimaged a Vista notebook using the factory Dell recovery DVD, and seven hours and about 140 required patches later I find i no longer have the factory installed PowerDVD app, which is necessary for bluray playback. Does anyone know how i can get this? The cyberlink site doesn't offer any help...

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Contacting Dell for an Application Disc (which usually would have all the preinstalled apps on it) is the main way I can think of. The version that would have come with the laptop is an OEM version, so Cyberlink wouldn't have that one.

The only other option is to either purchase the full version of PowerDVD or see if an alternate software program is available (not sure what else can play Blu-Ray discs myself).

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I believe dell offers you the option to download the install files from their site, so you probably wouldn't have to pay disc replacement fees.
You'll need to sign in and put in the serial number and such, I believe.
(I've never bought a computer from them, but I have bought electronics and noticed that section of 'my account' and thought it was a great idea)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts