Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wayne,

If you used a US IP, would NHL gamecentre work for local coverage? I thought I read somewhere that I wouldn't be able to get the Leafs in the Toronto mkt area but if I used a US IP, do you think it would work?

- snowbird

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
If you used a US IP, would NHL gamecentre work for local coverage? I thought I read somewhere that I wouldn't be able to get the Leafs in the Toronto mkt area but if I used a US IP, do you think it would work?
Perhaps, but I guess you would have to pay for gamecentre to test it. The service that I use, Unblockus, specifically mentions NHL Gamecentre Live on its web page.

·
Banned
21 Posts
I believe Y&R is simulcast on Global in Canada, no?
It is, and that's how I record it for my wife. She was ok with cutting the cable as long as she can still get Y&R. Just remember, the Global feed is 1 day ahead of the US one....I learnt that the hard way...lol

In regards to gamecentre, I was ticked off that they still have blackouts with their online feeds and would pay them in a second if I could get all the games but since I can't (didn't bother trying with unblockus as I do use that service) I paid for another service to get my NHL games. I think it falls under the "grey" area so I won't post any names but I do have access to every NHL game.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Resolution on tv for gamecenter or other services

Hi!

Thanks for this amazing thread! We mostly watch sports in our house and our tv is connected to our computer through HDMI.
Does anyone have any feedback on the gamecenter feeds displayed on a tv?

Would a Boxee or PS3 setup work?
Would they still work if the computer was connected via VPN? Or do the units themselves have to connect through VPN? New to this, but I REALLY want to find a solution.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts