Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this kind of interesting.

CTV announced that its website properties which include CTV, TSN, Comedy Network, and Discovery Channel streamed more than 500 million videos last year.

That works out to just under 54 million video streams each month and is 46% increase over 2009.

·
Registered
384 Posts
How much of it is due to CTV "owning" Canadian rights for Comedy Central content? Talk about a bunch of parasites! I would not brag too much about 500 millions video views a years after all YouTube get two billion videos views a week!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Several dozen of those were my attempts, which I abandoned after finding the stream was painfully stalled, stuttering, or buffered.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I use CTV website quite often as my own PVR for shows I miss. I find them reliable and quick to post aired shows.

Thank you CTV for providing this service :)

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I'm sure the Olympics was the most significant driver. They probably could have had even more if they didn't use Silverlight.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does include Olympics streams.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm an online streaming cord cutter and I can't bare the low quality and horrible CTV interface. The olympics were another matter though, beautiful and amazing coverage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts