Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 41 years with CTV Toronto, and 25 years as police reporter, Jim Junkin announced tonight on CTV Toronto’s NEWS AT SIX that he will file his last story this Friday, August 13. “Spending the last four decades with CTV Toronto, doing what I love to do while making a difference in the community, has been a childhood dream come true,” said Jim Junkin. “CTV Toronto is family to me and when the toughest stories hit, I knew they were behind me every step of the way. I’ve done all I want to do in broadcasting and I am ready for retirement.”
http://www.broadcastdialogue.com/Default.aspx

·
Banned
44 Posts
I actually liked the guy although I no longer live in TO, so I haven't seen him in a while.
Can't imagine working at the same place for 41 years.
Love to have a beer or two with him, I bet he has some great stories to tell about days gone by.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Jimbo sure has some good stories to tell both in front of the camera and also behind the camera inside the confines of the CFTO-TV walls at McCowan and 401.
I was there when Jimbo started and us insiders laugh when we think back of the other side of Jimbo and the newsroom happenings late at night.
Thanks for the memories Jimbo, I still laugh at a couple of intriguing who dunnit things discovered the next day in the newsroom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts